1. Color – The color of the year is Emerald Green. Pantone Company spear headed this by called Emerald Green the new trending color. Use it for paint, accessories and upholstery.
Rodericks Tip – Emerald Green is a very rich color so use it smartly. Use it in more subtle ways. For instance as an accent color for one wall rather than all the walls
2. Style – The 1920’s are making a comeback. Popular shows like Boardwalk Empire are fueling resurgence in the Art Deco Style. Use it for walls ,accessories, furniture and lighting.
3. Feathers – Feathers will be the hot new motif this year. You will see the pattern on pillows and other accessories; peacock feathers especially
Hollywood Luxe Pillow , Sold by InStyle Decor
Feather Sculpture, Sold by Target
Roderick’s Tip – Go to your local petting zoo and grab a few Peacock feathers put them in a flower vase on your dining table!
4. Furniture– Deep seats with well-proportioned arms and heights are vital. Strong solid colors for the body of the upholstery. Accessorize with strong, over-scaled exotic pillows.
5. Color Combination– Black and White were trending at the High Point Furniture Market for 2013. This color combo has timeless style.
Note: All items shown below are available from Amazon.
For details and pricing click on the image.
[…] you excited for more decorating tips? Visit this page […]