Once you have decided on the woman, the rest is easy. Or at least it is supposed to be. When it comes time to pick out a ring for the woman you love, you may be overwhelmed by all that goes into selecting that perfect cut, clarity, color and carat. The classic four C’s that every man inevitably learns as he begins his search for diamond engagement rings can overwhelm him to a point where he forgets the meaning behind the jewelry.
To help make the process more fun and meaningful, here are seven meanings behind seven different cuts.
- Pear shaped – This is also known as a teardrop-shaped stone, but as a ring it is not a symbol of sadness. Instead, it shows that you are even-tempered and adapt easily to change. This look is also very slimming on women who may have shorter fingers.
- Oval shaped – This shape is a subtle but noticeable spin on the classic round cut. Because it is just slightly different, it shows that you and the woman you are presenting it to are risk takers with creative minds.
- Asscher – A square cut with angled corners, this cut is another slight spin on a classic. This is perfect for the woman who is meticulous and very feminine.
- Emerald – A bit more common, but still very similar to the asscher cut, this stone is rectangular with many facets, giving it some added sparkle as it dances on her finger. Give this cut to the woman who is efficient and straightforward.
- Cushion – This cut mixes rectangle with round to give it a rounded appearance but still with the angular cut. The vintage appeal of this cut makes it a classic style that never seems to go away. Give it to the woman who is organized yet daring.
- Princess – One of the most popular choices among men and women is the princess cut. This is a very straight-edged square, shaped with extra faceting around the edges to give it an extra sparkle. The woman who receives this cut should be decisive, fun loving and confident.
- Marquise – This stone is cut in the shape of an oval but with pointed tips instead of small rounded edges. It is a perfect cut for the unique and adventurous woman.
The cut you choose says a lot about the person with whom you are about to share your life. Use these tips to find the best choice for your fiancée.
Jewelry is one of Ashley’s favorite topics to write about. If you’re looking for more information regarding diamond engagement rings, please visit http://www.frontjewelers.net/