- 2 bottles (750 milliliters each) hearty full-bodied red wine
- 8 ounce apple wood-smoked bacon, cut into ½-inch strips (about 2 cups
- 2 cups ½ inch diced sweet onions
- 2 cups quartered cut button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 12 tablespoons (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to state
- 3 steaks, ideally 32 ounces each.
In a Medium saucepan simmer the wine over medium heat for 1 hour or until it is reduced to 2 cups
In large skillet sauté bacon over medium heat until fat has reduced about 10 to 12 minutes. Spoon off the fat. Add the onions, mushrooms and garlic and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until soft.
Add the wine mixture to the bacon and slowly whisk in 8 tablespoons of butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, sprinkle in cornstarch and stir until the sauce is thickened. Remove from the heat. Add the tomatoes, and parsley. Cover and keep warm. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.
Preparing and Cooking the Steaks
Preheat a barbecue or stove top grill to medium heat.
Spread the steaks with the meaning 3 tablespoons of the butter. Season them on both sites with salt and pepper. Place the steaks o the grill and cook until browned about 3 minutes. Turn the steaks and brown on the other side about 4 minutes or more. Transfer the steaks to a cooler part of the grill. Cover and cook for 20 to 23 minutes more for medium-rare.
Place the steaks on plate and server the sauce on top of the steak.